- 'What do lessons consist of'? - Lessons are 100% geared towards what the student wants to experience. Though I always have 'something for them to do' I prefer to allow them to guide the experience through their own imagination. I try to have various materials and supplies around in order to help with this. Being at the Pendleton allows me to keep and store various art supplies. I do have a 'supply list' on the right hand side of this blog.
- 'How much are sessions?' - sessions start at $30 an hour. However, each according to their need. Groups consisting of two or more start at $45 an hour.
- 'What times do you have available?'- Previous students hold preference. However, during the summer I can be at the studio from 11am to 8pm. Most of the time, I confirm appointments the day before via text message. I also use a service called Snap-appointment. There is a link to the right of this post. When I receive your email address the system will send you a reminder email as well. During the school year all my appointments, during the weekday, start at 6pm and go until 8pm. Saturdays I keep regular summer hours.
- 'What are your credentials?'- I am a K-12 certified Art Teacher. I hold a B.A. from the University of Kentucky in Art Education (with a minor in Social Theory). I hold a M.A. from Morehead State University in School Administration. I have taught elementary and high school art for over 14 years at Greenup County and Russell Independent Schools.
- 'Tell us about you'- I am a Russell, Ky native. Born at King's Daughters Hospital in 1977. I am a Russell High School graduate (1995). I am married with two children. I love art, music, motorcycles, soccer, & video games. I am also a certified and licensed soccer coach. I have several in country and one out of country credentials. I have been a high school head coach & youth soccer coach for over 10 years. I love animals of all kinds. I favor dogs the most. I can do magic tricks and sideshow acts, like breathing fire and the human block-head. I also write and record my own music. I play various different instruments to proficiency. I also dabble a bit in photography and digital film production.
- 'Whats with all the "weird stuff"'?- I've heard that my whole life! Honestly, I don't know. I've always liked the strange and unusual. My mind bounces a lot to different subjects and interests, but classic horror films and sci-fi movies have been a stable. I greatly admire those that can create something out of nothing. Fantasy and mythology have always been a huge influence on me. I've spent a lot of my life feeling out of place due to hip disability as a child. There were even times in my life that I would have to stay in bed for long periods of time. Movies, video games, comic books, and art was a way for me to disconnect myself from the 'real world' and live in a place that was different and 'more fun'. People ask me about my 'skulls'. Under no circumstances are my skulls related to anything evil or unwholesome. My skulls, the ones that I wear on my shirts or the ones in my art, are reminders to me that life is very short. One day, I will die. Until then, I have a responsibility to myself and others to live my life with importance and joy
Mr. Jeremy Grizzle